Welcome, to the JCG Holy Grail~
To seniors and alumnis readers (There’s something for current juniors readers below)
Over the past years, many generations have made sacrifices and progress in all aspect of the CCA, only to see their efforts drown in misery and fade into oblivion due to a variety of reasons too many to count.
Sound familiar? Ever went back to JCG chalets or events as a senior or alumni only to find out things are not done, not passed down properly and a shitload of ‘reasons’ regarding the development of matters?
After finding out the state of matters, if you start asking any of the below
- Nani the **** happened? How can I help now? Where do I start?
- How do I communicate the important matters? How to ensure the new management team do not take my solutions literally at face value?
- How to cultivate in them the mindset to question and understand WHY things are done a certain why?
- Where is the sense of ownership and urgency?
- How to teach them communication skills? Like basic communication skills
- How to let them know they are fucked, and yet not hurt their ego and worsen the morale?
- They are simply not getting it. Should I just step in and take charge, give orders? But chances are they won’t learn anything – then how can they handover properly?
- How to drill into their head it is important to be on the same page?
If you share these concerns, you are on the right page. Else, get out right now before you get in too deep.
So, these tab serves as a holy grail – a JCG bible – where no one really reads and cares, the documents will just pile, until when…
By the time juniors realized it’s too late and time is running out, at the very least they have this holy grail to devour and pray for miracles.
Therefore, the purpose of this page is to store a collection of JCG’s best practices and everyone and anyone is welcome to contribute.
Your document should be in this format.
TITLE/HEADING – INTRODUCTION
This section introduces the topic and its purpose and should be no longer than 1 or 2 paragraphs. Annex/Attachments should be stated here.
This section presents the situation or scenario that triggers the formulation of this document. Yea, basically, share your story. After your story, the purpose of the message, concept, action or procedure should be clearly stated for the reader to internalize. (And this should be the most crucial part of the document – everything else is less important)
ACTION OR PROCEDURE
This section states the working procedures step by step, in bullet form, in clear and simple terms. Pictorial aid should be used to guide and assist the reader to visualise the steps. It is essential to include ‘Action by’, ‘Mini-deadlines & final deadline’ and ‘Status’(Pending, WIP, Completed etc) and ‘OIC to see this through’.
In addition, for action or procedures pertaining to CTS related events, please confirm with Advisor-in-charge.
This should include exercises or stimulating questions for the reader to contemplate and figure out his own solution.
- After creation of document procedures, send it to Alumni Advisor (if any), Maincom and Ex-maincom members for vetting and approval. Document will be dated and in effect after approval by President, TPJCG Alumni Advisor, TPJCG Advisor and CTS Advisor or its equivalents.
Any cause for revision should go through the same process, and be approved by said persons in clause 1.
To the junior reader seeking a miracle – These documents serves only as a guideline, and may not be updated to align with JCG’s current circumstances. You should be warned that these documents are not stand alone theories, and you should use them together to help you derive a comprehensive solution to your problems. Can’t figure out how these theories tie together?
You can approach the current alumni advisor or the alumni POC on the About us – Alumni page for advice (Ask politely – these people do not own you anything)